Hello all of my cleaning lovelies! The time has come for another look at the week ahead. And what will we be tending to this week? Our porches, dining rooms, living rooms, and laundry rooms. I know it sounds like a lot, but each room can be cleaned with a quickness, so don’t fret.
Unlike last week, we won’t be splitting tasks from one room into multiple days. Instead, we’ll be tackling one room each day.
Some notes before we get this party started:
- Don’t get overwhelmed! A room each day might seem like a lot, but the more we do this, the quicker things will get. Each room will likely take 30 minutes or less.
- I’m providing a list of tasks for each day below, but this is not a “I must follow all of the rules” situation. Your rooms may be different and have different needs. If you need to skip or add things to make this perfect for your home, go right ahead!
- Perfection is not the goal! Don’t get hung up on making things absolutely perfect…because even if you manage to reach perfection, it’s only going to stay that way for about 14 nanoseconds. 😉 Seriously, don’t lose free time in your life to doing work that isn’t necessary…just getting things done is usually quite enough.
- Some of these tasks might take longer than you’d like the first time around, but if you keep up with a plan, it will be easier and quicker every time you do it.
- If you’re in a “my house is too messy to clean” place (and, yes, I know that exists), I want you to do a couple of things. First, spend absolutely zero time beating yourself up about it. Instead spend some time doing something about it. Spend a few minutes (5, 10, 15, 20…you decide) each day this week clearing clutter and mess from the room for that day. It will be a really useful step to just get rid of the things you don’t want or need…donate, recycle, gift, throw away. I suggest starting in one corner and working your way around the room.
- Don’t forget your Daily Routines and Weekly Tasks! I’ll be adding some widgets to this page in the next couple of days, and they’ll include some items from my Daily Routine and Weekly Tasks…if you’ve already created your Routines and Tasks, you keep doing you!
Okay, let’s do this!
For your cleaning pleasure, I present our Area 2 Weekly Clean Plan. There are lists for porches, living/dining rooms, and laundry rooms. (The living and dining room lists are the same because the steps are the same…you may want to print two copies of that one…and, depending on how many porches you have, you may want to print multiple copies of the porch list.)
(This might be handy to post on your refrigerator or keep in your planner.)
Pretty straightforward, no? Each day’s tasks should only take a few minutes out of your day (even less if you have a helper), and your whole house will feel cleaner and happier. Neat!
I’ll also be adding daily task lists, bonus challenges, and tips on the Nerd in the Brain Facebook page. Be sure to join me there if you’d like some daily information and motivation!
New to the blog and looking to get started with A Clean Life? You can check out previous posts HERE.
Which cleaning activity that we’re tackling this week do you enjoy the most? Which one do you enjoy the least? Do you have a mess situation that you’re overwhelmed by…or are you tidy person looking for an organized cleaning system? If you have questions, need motivation or encouragement, or want to share pictures of cleaning victories, feel free to contact me via email or social media!