Hello again, cleaning lovelies! We’re ready to move into Area 3…and that means we’re scooting past the halfway point of having our whole homes clean and shiny. 🙂 This week will be all about cleaning a home office, one bedroom, the main bathroom, and the hallway. (If you don’t have a home office or hallway, spend those days decluttering…or relaxing…I’m making the bold assumption that most of us have bedrooms and bathrooms.) It sounds like a lot, but most of the rooms don’t need more than a few minutes to get sparkly.
Some notes before we get this party started:
- Don’t get overwhelmed! Just spend a few minutes in the “assigned” room each day and progress will be made. Remember, the longer we do this, the easier it will get because things will get cleaner and cleaner and head into “maintain” mode.
- I’m providing a list of tasks for each day below, but this is not a “I must follow all of the rules” situation. Your rooms may be different and have different needs. If you need to skip or add things to make this perfect for your home, go right ahead!
- Perfection is not the goal! Don’t get hung up on making things absolutely perfect…because even if you manage to reach perfection, it’s only going to stay that way for about 14 nanoseconds. 😉 Seriously, don’t lose free time in your life to doing work that isn’t necessary…just getting things done is usually quite enough.
- Some of these tasks might take longer than you’d like the first time around, but if you keep up with a plan, it will be easier and quicker every time you do it.
- If you’re in a “my house is too messy to clean” place (and, yes, I know that exists), I want you to do a couple of things. First, spend absolutely zero time beating yourself up about it. Instead spend some time doing something about it. Spend a few minutes (5, 10, 15, 20…you decide) each day this week clearing clutter and mess from the room for that day. It will be a really useful step to just get rid of the things you don’t want or need…donate, recycle, gift, throw away. I suggest starting in one corner and working your way around the room.
- Don’t forget your Daily Routines and Weekly Tasks! I’ll be adding some widgets to this page in the next couple of days, and they’ll include some items from my Daily Routine and Weekly Tasks…if you’ve already created your Routines and Tasks, you keep doing you!
Okay, let’s do this!
For your cleaning pleasure, I present our Area 3 Weekly Clean Plan. There are lists for home offices, bedrooms, bathrooms, and hallways.
(This might be handy to post on your refrigerator or keep in your planner.)
Pretty straightforward, no? Each day’s tasks should only take a few minutes out of your day (even less if you have a helper), and your whole house will feel cleaner and happier. Neat!
New to the blog and looking to get started with A Clean Life? You can check out previous posts HERE.
Which cleaning activity that we’re tackling this week do you enjoy the most? Which one do you enjoy the least? Do you have a mess situation that you’re overwhelmed by…or are you tidy person looking for an organized cleaning system? If you have questions, need motivation or encouragement, or want to share pictures of cleaning victories, feel free to contact me via email or social media!